FR Comshade® is a premium shadecloth, registered by the California State Fire Marshal
After two years of development, and having passed the rigid testing required by the California State Fire Marshal (per Title 19, Section 1237.1; Original State, after 72 hours Leaching and after 100 hours Weathering) as well as long-term accelerated weathering, FR Comshade is available from your favorite Polyfab Distributor across the Americas.
The original FR Comshade® was developed by Polyfab Australia over 12 years ago, and was the first HDPE shadecloth to meet California State Fire Marshal requirements. After a long effort to redevelop the product with currently available ingredients, we were able to find a “new generation” FR additive that is environmentally safe and less aggressive against the UV inhibitors. Because of this, we are able to offer a 10-year Limited Warranty.
Available in: 12.5 feet (width) x 33 yards (length) center folded rolls
Average weight: 8.25 oz. per square yard.
Fire Standard Compliance.
FR Comshade® meets the following fire standards:
California State Fire Marshal Flame Resistance Title 19, Section 1237.1
(Original State, after 72 hours Water Leaching and after 100 hours Weathering)
NFPA 701-2015 Test Method 1
NFPA 701-2015 Test Method 2
ASTM E-84-17 (Class 1 or A rating)
Israeli Standard IS 5093 test No 1
FR Comshade color range
See more information about FR Comshade
|Breaking Force (per ASTM D-5034):||lbs||268||340|
|Elongation at Break (per ASTM D-5034):||%||110||75|
|Tear Strength (per ASTM D-2261):||lbs||31||34|
|Mullen Burst (per ASTM D-3786)||lbs/in||Face||548|
|Ball Burst (per ASTM D-3787)||lbf||Face||418|
The knitted Shade Sail, should be installed by a company or individual that has received accreditation by the Building Commission, or Building Association, or other recognised building authorities in your state. If unsure please check with your State Building Authorities and your local Council.
Your shade sail canopy should be installed firm and tight so as to reduce windflap in the shade fabric. Shade fabric that is loose and sloppy will cause premature failure due to mechanical breakdown. This is not UV breakdown and is not covered by the warranty. The shade sail will require periodic maintenance to ensure that the shadecloth fabric remains tight.
Your shadecloth canopy may become dirty over time. Care should be taken to avoid Chemicals that may contain Bleach, or other agricultural or industrial Chemicals containing Sulphur and or Halogens (chlorine Bromine). These Chemicals may attack the UV stabilisers within the Shadecloth, thus reducing the Life of the product and negating the warranty.
The following list of chemicals that may cause such interactions are only some examples and not exhaustive. Such chemicals may include: pesticides, metals, metal oxides and metal salts, all halogens and chemical compounds containing halogens or sulphur in all their oxidation states. Care should be taken to avoid exposure to petrol, oils etc.
When cleaning the shadecloth, we recommend the use of a mild dish washing liquid with the use of a low pressure water hose and a soft scrubbing brush. We do not recommend the use of high pressure water, to blast the fabric clean.
The fabric warranties do not pertain to such damage caused by storms, hailstorm, earthquake, mechanical damage done by birds or other animals, fire, lightening etc. Again this is not an exhaustive list and it is for reference only.
Please refer to our Product Warranty, for further information. If you remove the shade sail over winter, ensure that it is stored away from rats and mice, preferably stored in a protective bag.
• The above information represents the results sourced from third party testing authorities, and tolerances may vary by as much as 10%.
• The Manufacturer reserves the right to alter or modify product specifications and colors without notice, and assumes no obligation or liability for the suitability and use of its products other than those applications intended by the manufacturer.
• Colors shown may not be an exact representation of the actual product.
• Outdoor fabrics are subject to harsh conditions and degradation over time is to be expected. FR Comshade® is supported with a 10 year limited warranty. During this period the fabric will remain serviceable and fit for purpose. Color fading is normal over time. Colors containing red and yellow pigments have a tendency to fade more than others. This is not a loss of strength caused by UV breakdown and is not covered by the product warranty. For more details refer to the supporting Polyfab product warranty.
• Polyfab USA assumes no liability in the event of negligent installation /fabrication orapplication or choice of cloth.
• During installation, Polyfab shadecloth should not be subject to “pre-stressed” loading in
excess of 20%.