Polyfab USA announces Prop 65 compliance
Which Polyfab products comply with the California law?
Manhattan Beach – February 25, 2019 –
“Proposition 65 (formally titled The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986) is a California law passed by direct voter initiative in 1986. Its goals are to protect drinking water sources from toxic substances that may cause cancer and birth defects and to reduce or eliminate exposures to those chemicals generally, for example in consumer products, by requiring warnings in advance of those exposures”.
In 2018, the requirements to label warnings per Prop 65 were increased. We are pleased to announce that the following products DO NOT contain any of the chemicals in the list of Prop 65 possible carcinogens:
The following Polyfab shadecloth/industrial fabrics:
- ARCHITEC 400®
- FR COMSHADE®
- COMSHADE XTRA®
Polyfab Pro™ Shade Sail Hardware (with “polyfab™” laser-etched on it)
Polyfab Shade Sail Edge Webbing.
All the following Polyfab shadecloth is 100% recyclable, lead and phthalate free and
Prop 65 complaint:
– A 7 oz. per square yard superior fire rated knitted HDPE shade fabric designed for use in modular shade structures and shade sails. Recommended for residential and small commercial installations with unsupported spans of 25 feet or less. Available in 19 colors and meets the FR specifications of NFPA-701 and ASTM E-84.
– A 10 oz. per square yard superior fire rated knitted HDPE shade fabric designed for large tension membrane structures and architectural shade sails. Recommended for larger commercial installations or any job if preferred. Available in 17 colors and meets the FR specifications of NFPA-701 and ASTM E-84.
– A 12 oz. per square yard premium extra heavy duty knitted HDPE shade fabric designed for larger tension membrane structures and architectural shade sails. Shades using this fabric should be well designed and engineered to hold
the fabric under the tension it deserves. Available in 12 colors and meets the FR specifications of ASTM E-84.
– A 8.25 oz. per square yard premium fire rated knitted HDPE shade fabric with a next generation FR additive, registered with the California State Fire Marshal #F-59002.
– A 12 oz. per square yard premium extra heavy duty knitted HDPE shadecloth designed for larger tension membrane structures and architectural shade sails, which significantly exceeds other shade fabric on the market for UV protection and strength to weight ratio. Available in 10 designer colors.
POLYFAB PRO™ SHADE SAIL HARDWARE:
A full line of professional-grade stainless steel and other metal fittings for fabricating and installing shade sails, used by fabricators in Australia and the Americas for the finest look of their finished shade products.
POLYFAB SHADE SAIL EDGE WEBBING™:
Made in Australia, this polyester webbing is 2” wide and put up on 109 yard rolls with a breaking strength of approximately 4,500 lbf. Available in 22 colors to match most Polyfab shadecloth colors.
POLYFAB PRO™ SHADE SAIL CLEANER:
A concentrated, environmentally safe, highstrength cleaner, designed to remove difficult soils from HDPE or vinyl fabrics with minimal effort.